Maybe former mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake should not have given space to people “who wished to destroy.”
The number of homicides in Baltimore this year is soaring — reaching 100 before the end of April for the first time in nearly two decades — and the mayor is asking the FBI for more help.
“Murder is out of control,” said Mayor Catherine Pugh, at her weekly news briefing Wednesday. “There are too many guns on the streets. We’re looking for all the help we can get.”
The mayor met recently with the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Baltimore office and asked for additional agents to help local police battle violent crime in the city, according to the mayor’s spokesman, Anthony McCarthy. He said that could either mean bringing in more FBI agents from other field offices across the country or reassigning agents already in Baltimore to work with local police investigating violent crime.
Three people were killed in the city Monday — raising the number of homicides this year to 101, according to police. And with the warmer months approaching, it’s only expected to get worse. CNN
John Brennan colluded with British and Estonian spies who sought to manufacture Trump-Russia ties to cripple and bring down Trump’s candidacy. Brenna did not act autonomously.
Although Russians may have aspired to influence the November election, the real election meddlers were Democrats in the Obama administration who conspired with foreign intelligence agencies against Donald Trump’s campaign, new media reports suggest.
The key player, we are learning, is the already infamous John O. Brennan but FBI Director James Comey also played a role. From January 2009 to March 2013, Brennan was Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, and then Director of the Central Intelligence Agency from March 2013 until Obama’s last day as president.
George Neumayr explains at the American Spectator how pro-Islam, pro-Communist Brennan appears to have masterminded the operation.
Seeking to retain his position as CIA director under Hillary, Brennan teamed up with British spies and Estonian spies to cripple Trump’s candidacy. He used their phony intelligence as a pretext for a multi-agency investigation into Trump, which led the FBI to probe a computer server connected to Trump Tower and gave cover to [then-National Security Advisor] Susan Rice, among other Hillary supporters, to spy on Trump and his people.
Drawing from a news article in the Guardian (UK), Neumayr adds:
Brennan got his anti-Trump tips primarily from British spies but also Estonian spies and others. The story confirms that the seed of the espionage into Trump was planted by Estonia. The BBC’s Paul Wood reported last year that the intelligence agency of an unnamed Baltic State had tipped Brennan off in April 2016 to a conversation purporting to show that the Kremlin was funneling cash into the Trump campaign.
Estonians were indeed tense after Trump’s seeming ambivalence about NATO on the campaign trail and the prospect that as president he might leave that former Soviet province at the mercy of Russian President Vladimir Putin. British spy agencies, too, were rife with Trump-haters. Full article at FrontPageMag
Facebook’s live-streaming service is under pressure after a father hanged his 11-month-old daughter in a murder-suicide that was beamed to thousands of viewers.
The four minutes of footage showing the child’s unbearable final moments were online for 24 hours before being removed.
The social networking site admitted last week that it had ‘to do better’ to prevent such horror being uploaded after it took over two hours to delete footage of an American killing a stranger.
The murder of the baby girl took place in the Thai resort of Phuket. Using a smartphone, Wuttisan Wongtalay, 21, recorded himself putting a rope around his daughter’s neck and hanging her. He then killed himself.
Two video clips of the disturbing incident were accessible on the father’s Facebook profile for around 24 hours…
Local media reported that Wongtalay, suspected his wife Jiranuch Trirat, 21, of having an affair and had threatened to kill her in a jealous rage earlier that day.
He is then said to have stormed out of the house with their baby, Natalie. The distraught mother saw the murder video 45 minutes after it was posted and told police. DailyMail
Video: Pamela Geller Discussing Islamization of San Diego Schools
Pamela Geller: The Islamization of public schools has been proceeding for many years.
Jewish students are the most bullied, but there are no safe places or Judaism lessons in public school. Or for Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. This is part of the escalation of the islamization of the workplace.
It is telling that the public school district is working with a designated terrorist group, CAIR.
This is nothing short short of surrender to an brutal, invading ideology.
Textbook companies have their material on Islam vetted by Islamic groups that turn them into dawah presentations, proselytizing for Islam.
Innumerable textbooks and other material used in public schools today presents a rosy and whitewashed picture of Islam, while being harshly critical of Judaism and Christianity.
Our children are being taught to despise and be ashamed of their own heritage and culture, and to think that any negative word about Islam, even in connection with jihad terror attacks, is racist and Islamophobic. This is a recipe for surrender and subjugation.
This is the federal judge that blocked the release of any recordings made at meetings of an abortion providers’ association by the Center for Medical Progress that previously revealed secretly recorded videos of Planned Parenthood.
A federal judge on Tuesday blocked a Trump administration order to withhold funding from communities that limit cooperation with U.S. immigration authorities, saying the president has no authority to attach new conditions to federal spending.
U.S. District Judge William Orrick issued the temporary ruling in a lawsuit against the executive order targeting so-called sanctuary cities. The decision will stay in place while the lawsuit works its way through court.
The Trump administration and two California governments that sued over the order disagreed about its scope during a recent court hearing.
San Francisco and Santa Clara County argued that it threatened billions of dollars in federal funding for each of them, making it difficult to plan their budgets.
“It’s not like it’s just some small amount of money,” John Keker, an attorney for Santa Clara County, told Orrick at the April 14 hearing.
Chad Readler, acting assistant attorney general, said the county and San Francisco were interpreting the executive order too broadly. The funding cutoff applies to three Justice Department and Homeland Security Department grants that require complying with a federal law that local governments not block officials from providing people’s immigration status, he said.
The order would affect less than $1 million in funding for Santa Clara County and possibly no money for San Francisco, Readler said. ABC7
Today, the rule of law suffered another blow, as an unelected judge unilaterally rewrote immigration policy for our Nation…
Sanctuary cities, like San Francisco, block their jails from turning over criminal aliens to Federal authorities for deportation.
These cities are engaged in the dangerous and unlawful nullification of Federal law in an attempt to erase our borders.
Once again, a single district judge – this time in San Francisco – has ignored Federal immigration law to set a new immigration policy for the entire country.
This decision occurred in the same sanctuary city that released the 5-time deported illegal immigrant who gunned down innocent Kate Steinle in her father’s arms…
Ultimately, this is a fight between sovereignty and open borders, between the rule of law and lawlessness, and between hardworking Americans and those who would undermine their safety and freedom. Full White House Statement at DailyMail
Professors are overwhelmingly liberal. Campuses are bastions of progressivism.
While violent incidents of antisemitism dropped 12% worldwide in 2016, US campuses saw a surge of 45% in antisemitism, according to data released Sunday.
The Kantor Center for the Study of Contemporary European Jewry at Tel Aviv University in collaboration with the European Jewish Congress released its Annual Report on Antisemitism for 2016 during a press conference held at the university.
According to the report, a total of 361 anti-Semitic violent incidents were reported worldwide, down from 410 in 2015.
The decrease in the number of all types of anti-Semitic incidents put together, as monitored by communities and governmental agencies, is most evident in France, where the Interior Minister announced a 61% decrease in all forms of antisemitism as well as in Belgium which witnessed a 60% decline.
The report credited the reason for this drop to increased security measures and the heavy presence of soldiers and police surrounding Jewish institutions as well as the fact that an increasing number of Jews avoid appearing in public spaces with identifying attributes, such as a Kippah.
In contrast, English speaking countries saw a rise in antisemitic incidents: The UK saw an increase of 11%, though the rate of violent incidents decreased by 13% while antisemitic incidents in Australia increased by 10% this past year.
One of the most startling findings is a 45% increase in antisemitism on US campuses, which the report stated have become a hot-bed for antisemitism, often under the guise of anti-Zionism and due to increased pro-Palestinian movements, such as BDS on campuses. JPost
The women’s rights commission is responsible for the “promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women,” according to the commission’s website.
The United Nations Economic and Social Council voted late last week to place Saudi Arabia on the Commission on the Status of Women for a four-year term beginning in 2018, despite that country’s appalling record on the treatment of women.
Hillel Neuer, director of the Geneva-based UN Watch, expressed his outrage in a statement Friday:
“Electing Saudi Arabia to protect women’s rights is like making an arsonist into the town fire chief,” said Hillel Neuer, executive director of UN Watch. “It’s absurd.”
“Every Saudi woman,” said Neuer, “must have a male guardian who makes all critical decisions on her behalf, controlling a woman’s life from her birth until death. Saudi Arabia also bans women from driving cars.”
According to UN Watch, the United States forced a formal vote, against China’s wishes, instead of allowing the normal practice of allowing regional groupings to select the nations on the commission by themselves, in secret.
However, the vote was still held behind closed doors, meaning it is not yet clear precisely which countries voted to honor one of the world’s foremost abusers of women’s rights. Neuer calculates, based on the voting math, that at least five European Union member states would have had to vote for Saudi Arabia for it to win a seat on the commission. BreitBart
The vote on the pro-bds motion was on April 16 – a date marking Easter Sunday and the Jewish holiday of Passover. 22 yes votes, 4 abstained, 0 were opposed, and 17 were absent from the meeting, reported the Claremont Independent campus news.
Jewish student leaders at the Claremont Colleges told The Algemeinerthey felt “ambushed” by an unexpected vote on a pro-boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) motion in the student senate on Sunday, which was Passover’s sixth day and Easter…
Deena Woloshin, who sits on the executive board of CPIA, said the group was given “no forewarning” of the vote and the timing effectively “silence[d] the Israeli narrative.”
The amendment stated that “Student Activities Funds shall not be used to make payment on goods and services from any corporation or organization associated with the unethical occupation of Palestinian territories. Products include those products from corporations and organizations delineated in the boycott list maintained by bdsmovement.net…” That list includes a number of major brands such as Sabra Humus, Ahava Dead Sea products, SodaStream, Caterpillar and Hewlett Packard (HP). Algemeiner
If you have a parent who’s suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and you’re worried about the future, there may be really good news for you and your parents: scientists in Great Britain may have found a solution to stop all neurodegenerative brain diseases, including dementia.
Prior to the most recent discovery, the best scientists could do was terminate brain cells dying in an animal in 2013. Unfortunately the drug used caused organ damage.
But now, two drugs used at the MRC Toxicology Unit in Leicester have been safely used in people. Prof Giovanna Mallucci, from that unit, is so excited she wants to start human clinical trials on dementia patients. DailyWire
Two drugs that show potential are already being used on humans
Two were shown to prevent both a form of dementia and prion disease by stopping brain cells dying.
Prof Mallucci told the BBC News website: “Both were very highly protective and prevented memory deficits, paralysis and dysfunction of brain cells.”
The best known drug of the pair is trazodone, which is already taken by patients with depression.
The other, DBM, is being tested in cancer patients. BBC.
Drugs have potential to work on several conditions
Dr Doug Brown, director of research and development at Alzheimer’s Society said: “We’re excited by the potential of these findings.
“They show that a treatment approach originally discovered while researching prion disease might also work to prevent the death of brain cells in some forms of dementia.
“This research is at a very early stage and has not yet been tested in people – but as one of the drugs is already available as a treatment for depression, the time taken to get from the lab to the pharmacy could be dramatically reduced.”
“The drug blocks a natural defence mechanism in cells which is overactive in the brains of people with frontotemporal dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s, so has the potential to work for several conditions.
“So far it has only been tested in mice with frontotemporal dementia but Alzheimer’s Society is now funding the researchers to test it in models of Alzheimer’s too.” Leicester Mercury
Allegedly the teacher has promoted the LGBT agenda in her classroom.
A high school teacher in Tampa, Fla., has allegedly banned at least three students from wearing Christian cross necklaces, according to a letter sent to the superintendent of the school district.
Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit litigation group that promotes religious freedom, in a letter to Hillsborough County Public Schools Superintendent Jeff Eakins detailed math teacher Lora Jane Riedas’ actions.
The letter claims Riedas told at least three students they could not wear their Christian crosses.
“We write on behalf of parents of children in the classroom of teacher Lora Jane Riedas, a math teacher at Riverview High School, who report that Ms. Riedas has prohibited at least three children from wearing Christian cross necklaces in her classroom, claiming on occasion that they are ‘gang symbols,’ “ wrote Liberty Counsel.
“One of our student clients reports that she had just sat down in class, and placed her books on her desk, when Ms. Riedas approached her. Referencing the tiny cross necklace which was around the student’s neck, Ms. Riedas said, “I need you to take your necklace off.” When the student asked why, Riedas allegedly refused to explain and then stated, “That’s disrespectful; you have to take it off.”
The student “did not want to be disrespectful, so she took it off, but she felt bad because she felt she was being forced to deny her faith. All of our clients are afraid to openly wear their cross necklaces in class any more,” the letter states. DailyCaller
Aya Hijazi, 30, was flown back to the US on Thursday night with her family on a US government jet.
Ms Hijazi, whose charity cared for street children, faced child abuse charges branded false by rights groups. Her release was reportedly agreed before Mr Trump met Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi this month.
Ms Hijazi, a US citizen with dual nationality, and her Egyptian husband, Mohamed Hassanein, set up the Belady Foundation in 2013 to aid street children.
The couple were arrested a year later along with four other humanitarian workers, whose released has also been secured. They were acquitted last Sunday of child abuse and trafficking charges that were dismissed as bogus by US officials. BBC
President Trump and his aides worked for several weeks with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi to secure the freedom of Aya Hijazi, 30, a U.S. citizen, as well as her husband, Mohamed Hassanein, who is Egyptian, and four other humanitarian workers. Trump dispatched a U.S. government aircraft to Cairo to bring Hijazi and her family to Washington…
The Obama administration unsuccessfully pressed Sissi’s government for their release. It was not until Trump moved to reset U.S. relations with Egypt by embracing Sissi at the White House on April 3 — he publicly hailed the autocrat’s leadership as “fantastic” and offered the U.S. government’s “strong backing” — that Egypt’s posture changed. Last Sunday, a court in Cairo dropped all charges against Hijazi and the others…
A senior administration official said that no quid pro quo had been offered for Hijazi’s release but that there had been “assurance from the highest levels [of Sissi’s government] that whatever the verdict was, Egypt would use presidential authority to send her home.” The official said the U.S. side interpreted that to mean that a guilty verdict and sentencing would be followed by a pardon from Sissi, but they were pleasantly surprised.
The dropping of charges set in motion the release of Hijazi and Hassanein from custody and their journey to the United States, which was personally overseen by Trump and detailed Thursday by the senior administration official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the national security sensitivities of the case. WAPO
Video: President Trump Meets with Aya Hijazi, Egyptian-American Who Was Freed After 3 Years in Cairo Jail
The youth contingent of the National Unity Party is cooking a massive barbecue on Thursday, upwind from the prison in which over 1,000 Palestinian prisoners are holding a hunger strike. The succulent aroma of cooking meat will waft through Ofer Prison where the prisoners, most wanted for security offenses against Israelis, are protesting for better conditions.
“The time has come to stop listening to the hunger strikers and show them that we are not giving in to their whims,” said Ophir Sofer, secretary-general of the National Union party. “We call upon the government and its leader to further worsen conditions for terrorists and to act with conviction for the release of the soldiers Goldin and Shaul who fought for us all.”
The hunger strike was called after a year and a half of negotiations with prison officials….
The hunger strike became the focus of controversy on Monday when its organizer, Marwan Barghouti, announced it in an op-ed in the New York Times. The NY Times presented Barghouti as ““a Palestinian leader and parliamentarian”, without mentioning that he is in an Israeli prison after being convicted of five counts of murder. The NY Times earned the ire of many, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who said, “Barghouti is a politician like Assad is a pediatrician”
Many believe the hunger strike is a ploy by Barghouti to shore up his waning political presence. Barghouti has been caught on video eating in his cell during hunger strikes he has called. BreakingNewsIsrael