Horrifying! A van jumped a sidewalk and plowed into pedestrians at Las Ramblas in central Barcelona.
Another witness, Isaac, said: ‘The person was accelerating. He mounted the pavement to run people over. We saw the van passing by running people over at 50 miles an hour. It was as if it was driving through a field of corn.’
‘I heard screams and a bit of a crash and then I just saw the crowd parting and this van going full pelt down the middle of the Ramblas and I immediately knew that it was a terrorist attack or something like that.’ Tom Gueller told BBC’s PM.
Police have identified the first suspect of two arrested so far in Thursday’s attack in Barcelona that killed at least 13 and wounded dozens more.
Driss Oukabir, 28, was reportedly apprehended Thursday evening by police, who say the Moroccan citizen was in the country legally.
Barcelona authorities announced on Twitter that they are “treating him as a terrorist.” The Hill
A local council in Australia has banned the construction of a Jewish synagogue in Bondi out of fear that it could become a target of Islamic terrorism.
“The decision, which has rocked the longstanding Jewish community in the iconic suburb, was upheld in court this week as the nation reeled from the alleged airline terror threat and debate raged over increased security measures at airports and other public places,” reports news.com.au. “The Land and Environment Court backed the decision by Waverley Council to prohibit the construction of the synagogue in Wellington St, Bondi — just a few hundred metres from Australia’s most famous beach — because it was too much of a security risk for users and local residents.”
Adding insult to injury, the council is preventing the synagogue from submitting a plan with aggressive security measures. Their rationale? The measures would risk the “safety and security of future users of the Synagogue, nearby residents, motorists and pedestrians in Wellington Street and the physical measures proposed to deal with the identified threats will have an unacceptable impact on the streetscape and adjoining properties.”
Put another way, a strong security presence wouldn’t look all that great on the street corner. DailyWire
Australian Jews Outraged
“Its implications are enormous,” Rabbi Ulman said. “It basically implies that no Jewish organization should be allowed to exist in residential areas. It stands to stifle Jewish existence and activity in Sydney and indeed, by creating a precedent, the whole of Australia, and by extension rewarding terrorism.”
Local Jewish leader Vic Alhadeff said he had never heard of any other religious group being denied a place of worship just because they were targeted by outside extremists and the move was a dangerous precedent.
“It’s a very sad day for Australia if an established community, which needs a house of worship, is refused permission to build it because of fear that others may pose a threat,” he said. “This simply shows how we’re all losing our freedoms. Those who want us to be afraid are winning, and this ill-conceived judgment represents a dangerous precedent.” Algemeiner
Half of foreign aid to the PA is used to fund terrorism.
The 2017 Palestinian Authority budget for payments to inmates in Israeli prisons and the so-called “families of martyrs” is equal to half of the foreign aid Ramallah expects to receive this year, a recently published Israeli report shows.
According to the PA Ministry of Finance’s 2017 budget, published on its website earlier in July, salaries to incarcerated and released Palestinian prisoners, many of which are convicted terrorists, will amount in 2017 to NIS 552 million ($153.4 million).
This is an increase of 13 percent over the 2016 budget, according to a report by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs published July 24.
The new budget also allocates $190,869,166 for payments to the so-called “martyr’s families,” a 9% jump from the $174,630,296 allocated in 2016.
The “martyrs’ families” are defined as those with members “killed or wounded in the struggle against Zionism,” which includes those killed while committing terror attacks against Israelis, or those killed in any other context by an Israeli.
The total allocated to Palestinian prisoners and ex-prisoners, as well as martyrs’ families, in the 2017 budget is 1,239,528,424 shekels ($344,313,451), equal to 49.6% of foreign aid Ramallah expects to receive in 2017. TimesOfIsrael
The two men were seeking targets. Hezbollah is Iran’s proxy terrorist organisation.
On Thursday, two members of the terrorist organization Hezbollah were arrested in the United States; one in the Bronx and one in Michigan. One was gathering information regarding operations and security at airports in the U.S. and surveilling U.S. military and law enforcement facilities in Manhattan and Brooklyn. The other was identifying areas of weakness and construction at the Panama Canal. DailyWire
Department of Justice statement:
“Today, we announce serious terrorism charges against two men who allegedly trained with and supported the Islamic Jihad Organization, a component of the foreign terrorist organization Hizballah. Recruited as Hizballah operatives, Samer El Debek and Ali Kourani allegedly received military-style training, including in the use of weapons like rocket-propelled grenade launchers and machine guns for use in support of the group’s terrorist mission. At the direction of his Hizballah handlers, El Debek allegedly conducted missions in Panama to locate the U.S. and Israeli Embassies and to assess the vulnerabilities of the Panama Canal and ships in the Canal. Kourani allegedly conducted surveillance of potential targets in America, including military and law enforcement facilities in New York City. Thanks to the outstanding work of the FBI and NYPD, the allegedly destructive designs of these two Hizballah operatives have been thwarted, and they will now face justice in a Manhattan federal court.”
Kourani, 32, was born in Lebanon and has been trained in weapons since the age of 16. He arrived in the U.S. in 2003 and earned citizenship six years later. According to Legal Insurrection, Kourani lied on his immigration application and denied having any ties to terror organizations. While living in the Bronx, Kourani earned a degree in biomedical engineering and an M.A. in business administration. In his free time he tried to buy weapons to send to the Hezbollah organization. TruthRevolt
Ali Kourani, 32, of the Bronx, New York, was charged with providing, attempting, and conspiring to provide material support to Hezbollah; receiving and conspiring to receive military-type training from Hezbollah; a related weapons offense that is alleged to have involved, among other weapons, a rocket-propelled grenade launcher and machine guns; violating and conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA); and naturalization fraud to facilitate an act of international terrorism. DailyWire
El Debek, 37, lives in Livonia, Michigan, and is believed to have joined the terror organization in 2008. He is accused of traveling to Lebanon on multiple occasions for training and bomb making. Using his U.S. passport, El Debek went to Thailand in 2009 reportedly “to help clean up explosive residue left behind in a safehouse used by members of a Hezbollah-backed terror cell.” In 2011, he traveled to Panama and photographed the U.S. and Israeli embassies. A year later, he was back checking out the Panama Canal. TruthRevolt
Samer el Debek, 37, of Dearborn, Michigan, aka “Samer Eldebek,” was charged with providing, attempting and conspiring to provide material support to Hezbollah; receiving and conspiring to receive military-type training from Hezbollah; use of weapons in connection with a crime of violence that is alleged to have involved, among other weapons, explosives, a rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and machine guns; and violating and conspiring to violate IEEPA.DailyWire
Ahmad Musa Jibril was born and lives in Dearborn, Michigan. He vanished after the London attack.
In April 2014, ICSR researchers found that 60 percent of foreign fighters in Syria followed Jibril on Twitter. CounterExtremism
Ahmad Musa Jibril, 46, from Dearborn, Michigan, is a U.S. citizen whose online preaching is said to have inspired one of the London attackers. Khuram Butt was reported to have followed Jibril online, prompting one associate to warn authorities when he started speaking about the American preacher.
The American preacher of hate watched online by one of the London terror attackers was called ‘fanatically anti-American’ by prosecutors – and even photographed posing as a ‘mujaheddin’ – a jihadi warrior.
Ahmad Musa Jibril fled his Dearborn, Michigan, home in the aftermath of the mass murder attack so quickly that he left his sandals on the deck. His mother and sister who live a few blocks away had also vanished. DailyMail
One of the London terrorist attackers, British police revealed Monday, was Khuram Shazad Butt, 27, a British citizen born in Pakistan who had been investigated by police and MI5. A second attacker was Rachid Redouane, 30, also known as Rachid Elkhdar, and according to police a Moroccan or Libyan. At this writing, police have not revealed the name of the third attacker, but it is now apparent where he got his motivation to kill.
According to Daily Caller reporter Saagar Enjeti, Ahmad Musa Jibril, an Islamic preacher in Michigan, helped radicalize the attacker. Jibril was “well known on YouTube for preaching sermons that appear to lionize Islamic terrorists fighting in Syria.” He is a U.S. citizen of Palestinian descent who earned a degree in Islamic law from Saudi Arabia. As Enjeti notes, Jibril appears to have problems adhering to U.S. criminal law as “a convicted fraudster who at one time owed nearly a quarter of a million dollars in restitution to the U.S. government, and served nearly 7 years in prison.”
According to Newsweek, “Jibril preaches a Salafist version of Islam, one of the most conservative strands of the religion and the ideology from which members of the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) and Al-Qaeda derive their beliefs.” Based in Detroit, Jibril enjoys “a substantial following” online, with nearly a quarter million “likes” on Facebook, more than 40,000 on Twitter, and 16,000 subscribers on YouTube. He is described as a “subtle, careful, and nuanced preacher” and that comes across in videos like this one.
The London attacker, said the Newsweek report, “is believed to be a homegrown jihadist, from the east London suburb of Barking. The Detroit News cited a friend of the attacker who said “He used to listen to a lot of Musa Jibril. I have heard some of this stuff and it’s very radical. I am surprised this stuff is still on YouTube and is easily accessible. I phoned the anti-terror hotline. I spoke to the gentleman. I told him about our conversation and why I think he was radicalized.” The Detroit News also provided more detail on Jibril’s criminal record.
He and his father Musa Abdallah Jibril were convicted on 42 counts of bank fraud, conspiracy and money laundering. In the course of these proceedings, the government uncovered a family album with photos of Ahmad dressed as a jihadi, and photos of young children with firearms and “playing at holding each other hostage and aiming the weapons at each other’s heads.” Investigators also found that in 1996 Ahmad Musa Jibril sent a fax to CNN claiming responsibility for the Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia and warning “here will be a series of bombings that will follow no matter how many lives of ours are taken.”
Long before the London attack, Ahmad Musa Jibril showed up in “Michigan Jihad,” Evan Kohlmann’s, October 23, 2003 report on Frontpage. At the Jibril’s Dearborn home, FBI agents confiscated firearms, computers, cell phones, and blank passports. Even so, Jibril and his father were released on a $10,000 bond pending trial. Over the previous decade, the Jibrils “have consistently endorsed violence and extremism in lectures to Muslim student groups here in the U.S. and likewise on their self-fashioned Internet mouthpiece, AlSalafyoon.com.” Full article at FrontPageMag
On June 3, 2017, three jihadis drove a van into pedestrians walking across London Bridge. After fleeing the van, the jihadis proceeded to Borough Market, where they stabbed a number of people. As usual, British politician Theresa May is calling such violence “a perversion of Islam.” But does May’s plan for dealing with Islamic violence make sense? Let’s take a closer look.
This does not include the London terrorist attack; 7 killed at least injured 48 and 3 dead terrorist.
Ramadan began May 27, 2017 and ends June 25, 2017.
Significant terrorist attacks have sprung up across the globe since the beginning of Muslim holy month of Ramadan May 26, with current counts confirming three attacks and 149 dead, and a reported Saturday incident on London Bridge still developing.
Islamist terrorist groups usually use the holiday to mount more significant terrorist attacks, and promise their followers extra benefits for dying in such attacks during the holy month.
The major attacks of Ramadan 2017 include twin suicide bombings in Baghdad and a massive suicide borne vehicle bomb in Afghanistan. An unconfirmed terrorist incident also occurred at a casino hotel in Manila earlier this week. These attacks occurred before a reported deadly incident on London Bridge Saturday. DailyCaller
Video: David Wood – Ramadan Bombathon Begins: Ramadan 2017 Edition
Ramadan 2017 has arrived, which means that we’re going to see a massive number of terrorist attacks carried out in the name of Allah. The “Religion of Peace” website keeps a running tally of these terrorist attacks and compares them with the terrorist attacks carried out in the name of all other religions combined. Let’s see if all religions are equally violent.
What is jihad? “Jihad” is an Arabic word meaning “struggle,” and thus may be applied to a variety of forms of physical, emotional, or spiritual exertion. In its religious context, however, the most relevant form of jihad is devoted to violently subjugating non-Muslims. Robert Spencer discusses the issue.
Man hunt launched for three terrorists as men with ’12in hunting knives stab pedestrians’ after mowing down up to 20 people with a white van amid reports of explosions. DailyMail
The UK is not fine.
Will the politicians continue to play see no evil, speak no evil,hear no evil, to appease and not offend terrorists?
Acknowledge and name the problem. Then decisive action must be taken. Or continue allowing the maiming and killing of the country’s citizens and the country’s children.
Seven people are feared dead after three men with 12-inch hunting knives reportedly stabbed pedestrians after mowing down up to 20 people with a white van on London Bridge.
The men, described as being ‘of Mediterranean origin’, reportedly jumped out of the van and began ‘randomly stabbing people’ along Borough High Street in central London at 10pm.
The car, believed to be a B&Q vehicle, was reportedly veering in an ‘S shape’ at 50mph onto the pavement across the bridge and has driven towards the Shard and is south of the river.
‘Rapid gunfire’ was heard in the London Bridge area as armed police are thought to have shot shot dead two of the men, with a search underway for the third man.
One woman said she saw three people with what appeared to be their throats cut on London Bridge amid reports that at least seven people have been stabbed, leaving bodies ‘strewn’ on the road in central London. One of the casualties is reportedly a police officer.
Armed police have responded to reports of stabbings in nearby Borough Market and shots have been fired, Scotland Yard said. DailyMail
Single able-bodied young men should not receive welfare benefits.
Up to 23,000 people have emerged on the radar of British counter-terror agencies, according to figures released Friday by U.K. security forces.
British authorities revealed that 500 investigations into 3,000 individuals were ongoing in the wake of Monday’s terror attack in Manchester. Security sources claim that another 20,000 people have been considered “subjects of interest” at some point in time, the Press Association reported Saturday.
Britain’s domestic counter-intelligence and security agency MI5 considered Salman Abedi, the suicide bomber in the attack, a “former subject of interest” who was “subject to review.” Despite being flagged to authorities on at least five separate occasions, they did not regard Abedi as an imminent threat.
Khalid Masood, the man who killed five people in the March Westminster attack, was in the same category of people who are no longer subject to any surveillance due to a lack of resources. DailyCaller
At least 26 Coptic Christians were killed and 26 others injured earlier Friday when gunmen opened fire on a bus heading to the Monastery of St. Samuel the Confessor, located south of Cairo.
Gunmen opened fire on two buses and a truck carrying Coptic Christians in Minya, Egypt on Friday, killing at least 26, including children. Some 26 people were also injured in the attack.
The group of between eight and 10 gunmen, reportedly dressed in military uniforms according to eyewitnesses, approached the convoy in three four-wheel-drive pickup trucks before opening fire, according to local media reports and the Egyptian Interior Ministry. RT
Egypt strike terrorist camps in Libya
Egyptian fighter jets have struck militant camps following the deadly attack on Egypt’s Coptic Christians, President Abdel Fattah Sisi has announced. The strikes were carried out in eastern Libya, state television said.
Egypt’s president also vowed to continue striking bases used to train militants and who carry out terrorist attacks in his country, regardless of the camps’ location.
He also reiterated that the countries financing, training and arming terrorists should not get away unpunished.
“We will not hesitate to protect our people from the evil,” he said in a televised speech on Friday.
“Egypt will not hesitate in striking any camps that harbor or train terrorist elements whether inside Egypt or outside Egypt,” the al-Ahram news agency quoted Sisi as saying.
Egypt carried out six air strikes in Derna in eastern Libya, state television reported adding that it is where the militants who carried out the deadly attack on the Coptic Christians were trained.
Following the Libyan incursion, Egyptian armed forces released a short video which was aired on state television following the president’s speech. The voiceover in the army video said its air force carried out strikes on targets in Libya “after confirming their involvement in planning and committing the terrorist attack in Minya governorate on Friday.”
Egypt’s military said that the air strikes are ongoing, local media reports. RT