Extraordinary Amounts Of Program And Aid Money Not Accounted For

Stewardship: the conducting, supervising, or managing of something ; especially : the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one’s care.

dollar-signsAllowing colossal waste and gross misuse of taxpayer money leads to rampant corruption in programs and agencies. There should be full accountability of government monies given to agencies and programs.

British millions meant for Syrian refugees are squandered by the UN.

Up to half of British taxpayers’ cash meant for Syrian refugees has been wasted on United Nations red tape.

Instead of providing food, medicine and shelter in camps, much of our aid money is going on administration, overheads and staff costs.

And a UK official in the region told investigators the UN relief effort was ‘at best mediocre’.

Britain has given £1billion to help Syrians fleeing the twin menace of Islamic State and dictator Bashar Al-Assad. Dwarfing the donations of other European countries, it is the UK’s biggest ever response to a refugee crisis.

Around £600million has been handed to three UN bodies – the World Food Programme, children’s fund Unicef and refugee agency UNHCR.

But much of the cash is not accounted for, with Unicef failing even to give a breakdown. Shockingly, the UNHCR has spent £7million on its press office. DailyMail

U.S. DOD spent $43 million building a gas station in Afghanistan.

It might be the world’s most expensive gas station — not to mention a gross misuse of taxpayer money, according to a top government watchdog.

The Department of Defense spent $43 million to build a gas station in Afghanistan that should have cost roughly $500,000, the lead oversight team monitoring U.S. spending in Afghanistan has found. The discovery came as part of a broader investigation into allegations of criminal activity within the DOD’s premiere program to kick-start the Afghan economy…

The Task Force spent $42,718,739 between 2011 and 2014 to “fund the construction and to supervise the initial operation of the CNG station,” the U.S. military told SIGAR — with “approximately $12.3 million in direct costs and $30 million in overhead costs.”

Who approved all that funding and why are questions the DOD will not answer, according to Sopko. FoxNews

Ebola Detected Again In British Nurse Pauline Cafferkey

Pauline Cafferkey
Pauline Cafferkey

Pauline Cafferkey, 39-year-old nurse, caught Ebola last year in December helping victims in Sierra Leone.  She was treated and discharged from the Royal Free Hospital in January.    Pauline is again in an isolation ward at the Royal Free Hospital with the disease – for the second time.

Nurse Pauline Cafferkey who is being treated for a late complication of Ebola is now ‘critically ill’.  The Royal Free Hospital in London, where she is being treated, this afternoon revealed her condition has deteriorated.

A statement from the hospital said: ‘We are sad to announce that Pauline Cafferkey’s condition has deteriorated and she is now critically ill.  ‘She is being treated for Ebola in the high level isolation unit at the Royal Free Hospital.’

The nurse, 39, from South Lanarkshire, was admitted to an isolation unit at the Royal Free Hospital in London on Thursday night – four days after being sent home by doctors who diagnosed her with a virus.

Pauline was diagnosed with Ebola in December after returning to Glasgow from Sierra Leone via London.

She was critically ill and spent almost a month in an isolation unit at the Royal Free Hospital before being discharged in late January.

She then started working part time in mid-March as a nurse based in Blantyre Health Centre near Glasgow and had been well when she was last at work on October 1.

Today a leading expert said the return of the virus is ‘concerning’.

Virologist Professor Andrew Easton, of Warwick University, said that although the virus had persisted in a patient before, it was unusual so long after the first diagnosis.

He said: ‘We haven’t seen it return after this long. It is concerning. There are lots of unknowns at this stage. It is very difficult to tell and I don’t want to predict what the outcome may be.’  DailyMail

Police In England And Wales Told To Record Hate Crimes Against Muslims Separately

U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron
U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron

U.K. Prime Minister Cameron has told the police forces in England and Wales to record attacks against Muslims separately to see the scale of anti-Islamic crimes.

Cameron should have recorded separately the religious background behind the “people” responsible for hate crimes against the British and anti-Semitic hate crimes to see the scale of the problem in the U.K.

Attacks against Muslims must be recorded separately from other hate crimes, the Prime Minister will say today.

Police forces in England and Wales will be ordered to keep track of hate crimes aimed specifically at Muslims and publish them in their crime statistics from next year.

David Cameron said this would help to gauge the scale of the problem and enable the police to allocate extra resources in high-risk areas, including certain schools or mosques.

Religious hate crime increased by 45 per cent in England and Wales in 2013-14 compared with the previous year, and the latest figures released by the Home Office today are expected to show another rise.

Some forces already record anti-Semitic crimes separately, and annual figures for attacks on Jewish people are published by police chiefs. Downing Street says police forces recording anti-Islamic crimes separately will give the ‘first accurate picture’ of the prevalence of this type of hate crime.

Anti-Muslim and anti-Semitic hate crimes are seeing a sharp rise – including physical and verbal attacks, damage to property and places of worship, and threats on social media, according to charities that monitor these incidents. DailyMail

UK Charity Considers Cutting Off Aid For Fake Calais ‘Migrants’

calais-migrant-camp-2015A UK charity is considering cutting off aid for the migrant camp at Calais after visiting the camp and deciding most migrants had no real reason to leave their home country.

 

A crisis relief charity chief is set to pull the plug on aid to the Calais ‘Jungle’ camp after discovering most people there are economic migrants ‘without any reason’ to leave their home country.

The Bradford-based Human Relief Foundation has been running a project to help the ‘refugees’ at the makeshift camp and previously claimed they were all ‘fleeing war and significant atrocities.’

But a visit by a team led by Kassim Tokan, the HRF deputy chief executive, discovered a totally different picture on the ground, with unwanted clothing and food being ‘dumped and burnt’ by the migrants.

Instead of vulnerable families fighting for survival he found the camp – dubbed the Jungle – was ’95 to 97 per cent’ adult men.

The discovery has prompted the charity – which sends relief aid to people in desperate need around the world – to change its aid policy in respect of the Calais camp where around 4,000 people are living.

They found chaotic conditions with no organisation where aid was being distributed randomly and unwanted items later discarded in piles on the ground.

Interviewed by ITV’s Calendar News, Mr Tokan admitted he was surprised by what he found. Asked if his charity would withdraw support for the camp’s inhabitants, he said: ‘Most likely, yes.’

He said it would be better to help people in genuine need in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey rather than ‘healthy people here.’ DailyMail

Archbishop of Canterbury: UK Refugee Policy Discriminates Against Syrian Christian Refugees

RevJustinWelby
The Most Rev Justin Welby

The UK takes in refugees from the refugee camps.

Prime Minister Cameron has said:  “We will continue with our approach of taking those from the refugee camps. This provides them with a direct and safe route to the UK, rather than risking the hazardous journey which has cost so many lives. We will discuss how best to design these schemes and the numbers we will take with NGOs and partners. And we will set out further details next week.” theguardian

The Archbishop of Canterbury has warned Prime Minister Cameron that his government’s policy on refugees discriminates against Christians trying to leave Syria.

The Most Rev Justin Welby is understood to have met the prime minister last week amid growing concerns that Christians in Syria will be largely excluded from the 20,000 refugees due to come to the UK over the next five years…

In a speech in the House of Lords last Monday, Archbishop Welby said that “within the camps there is significant intimidation and radicalisation, and many particularly of the Christian population who have been forced to flee are unable to be in the camps.”

He went on: “ What is the Government’s policy of reaching out to those who are not actually in the camps?”…

Lord Carey, who wrote in the Telegraph of his concern over the plight of Christians.

Lord Carey wrote: “The frustration for those of us who have been calling for compassion for Syrian victims for many months is that the Christian community is yet again left at the bottom of the heap.

“Mr Cameron’s policy inadvertently discriminates against the very Christian communities most victimised by the inhuman butchers of the so-called Islamic State.

“Christians are not to be found in the UN camps, because they have been attacked and targeted by Islamists and driven from them. They are seeking refuge in private homes, church buildings and with neighbours and family.” The Telegraph

UK Is Denying Refuge To Christians Fleeing ISIS, Say Church Leaders

ChristianRefugeesA growing concern with church leaders in the U.K. is that the Government is ignoring the plight of Christians trying to flee ISIS.  As Muslim countries experience internal meltdowns, Christians are in extreme danger and fleeing.  Humanitarian aid is given to refugees in the Middle East region but a paltry number are being allowed into other countries and there is no priority for fleeing Christians.

Last week, 42 Christian families were smuggled out of Syria to Beirut and then flown to Poland where they received safe haven. The operation was run by the Barnabas Fund, a charity aiding persecuted Christians, and the Weidenfeld Safe Havens Fund, a Jewish-funded organisation founded by Lord Weidenfeld, the publisher.

More Christians will be evacuated to the Czech Republic and even as far away as Brazil in coming weeks but, according to the organizers, the Government has so far refused requests to relocate Christians in the UK. Lord Carey said last night: “Syrian and Iraqi Christians are being butchered, tortured and enslaved.

“We need the British Government to work with charities like the Barnabas Fund and others to evacuate those who are in desperate fear of their lives.”

Lord Weidenfeld, 95, who fled Nazi-occupied Austria in 1938 with the help of British Quakers, said: “Why is it that the Poles and the Czechs are taking in Christian families and yet the British government stands idly by?

“This mood of indifference is reminiscent of the worst phases of appeasement, and may have catastrophic consequences. Europe must awake and the Conservative British Government should be leading from the front…

The petition, launched by the Barnabas Fund, calls on governments to work with Middle East countries and “recognize that Christians are especially targeted and uniquely in need of safe refuge”…

The Barnabas Fund claims that just over ten years, the numbers of Christians living in Iraq has plunged from 1.5 million to 300,000 while in Syria it is estimated half a million Christians, out of two million, have fled since the beginning of the current conflict…

The Government has declined to show a preference for Christian refugees. It was reported in June that Britain granted entry to 187 Syrians since Theresa May introduced the Vulnerable Persons Relocation scheme in January 2014.

The Prime Minister said the UK would boost the number of places to resettle the most vulnerable, but Downing Street said the figure would not exceed 1,000. Telegraph

 

3 Arrested In UK Suspected Of Plot Against US Air Force

United_States_Air_Force3 men have been arrested in England and charged for allegedly planning a terrorist attack on U.S. military personnel in the U.K.

British police have arrested three people in connection with a possible terrorist plot that may have involved U.S. Air Force facilities, a local newspaper reported

Two men were arrested on July 14 at different addresses in the area of Luton, Bedfordshire, and a third was apprehended in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, the London Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

The Eastern Daily Press, a local newspaper, reported that the arrests were connected to a possible attack on a U.S. Air Force base about July 4. U.S. officials canceled July 4 festivities because of changes to the local threat assessment. On Monday, a spokeswoman for RAF Lakenheath confirmed to Stars and Stripes the report was accurate.

“The arrests … are part of an ongoing investigation into Islamist-related terrorism,” the police said. Stripes

Junead Khan, 24, and his uncle Shazib Khan, 22, were arrested July 14 under the Terrorism Act. Both are also accused of plotting to join ISIS in Syria,  DailyNews724 reported.

Anarchy: Leftists Anti-Government Rioting In London Against Re-Election Of David Cameron

leftistriotlondonafterelections

On the 70th anniversary of VE Day anarchists and hard-line socialist clash with police outside Downing Street over the re-election of David Cameron and desecrate a memorial honoring the women of World War II. This is not the way elections work.  Disgraceful!

Hard-left activists this afternoon desecrated a war memorial to the gallant sacrifice of women who served during the Second World War as anarchists objecting to Thursday’s election result protested outside Downing Street.

A mindless thug daubed ‘F*** Tory Scum’ in red paint on the memorial in a sickening display of contempt on the 70th anniversary weekend of VE Day.  The Royal British Legion today condemned the vandalism brandishing it as a ‘senseless act’. ..

The mob chanted ‘get the Tories out’ as large sections of the city were shut down as a result of the demonstration.

Some of the protesters brandished highly offensive home-made banners proclaiming F*** The Cuts’, while others described the Conservative Party as Tory Scum.

Protesters threw bottles, cans and smoke bombs at the police. Scuffles broke out when the demonstrators, blaring hooters, banging pots and chanting obscenities, confronted lines of police outside the gate protecting the Prime Minister’s official residence.

Some protesters handed out flyers claiming: ‘Parliament is no longer our priority, our priority is survival. A Tory majority is a declaration of war.’

At one point a bicycle was hurled at police.

Several hundred people took part in the demonstration with at least 25 black-clad youths wearing face masks, sunglasses and even balaclavas. Police were forced to close Whitehall to traffic as they dealt with the escalating situation.

A group of the protesters attempted to push their way through barricades, while some smoke bombs were let off.  The Metropolitan Police were forced to deploy officers on horseback and riot police in response to the violent scenes.

Conservative MP Sir Peter Bottomley said: ‘We have a General Election every five years. People should accept the result rather than spray-painting war memorials.

‘A mark on the ballot paper means more than demonstrators who use inappropriate actions, inappropriate language and look as they are rejecting the results of an open, free, democratic process.’   DailyMail

UK Election: Ed Miliband’s Adviser Was American David Axelrod

David_Axelrod
David Axelrod

David Axelrod, the American strategist to Barack Obama advised Ed Miliband during the United Kingdom general election. The Conservatives’ saw a huge election victory and Labour is searching for a new leader to replace Ed Miliband.  Axelrod was paid nearly $500,000 for his advice.  He blamed the pollsters.

President Obama’s campaign mastermind suffered a humiliating end to his political career today as the British Labour party he was paid almost $500,000 to help to victory plunged to a catastrophic defeat.

David Axelrod had been touted as the man to get Labour’s Ed Miliband into – and the Conservative prime minister David Cameron out of – Downing Street.

Instead he slunk out of Britain early, as his former Obama campaign colleague Jim Messina, who advised the winning Conservatives, crowed over a victory which had ‘stunned the world’.

Axelrod had already vowed that he was ‘done with campaigns’ after complaining bitterly about the British media and saying: ‘Anyone who underestimates Ed Miliband does so at their own peril.’

In fact he appeared to have dramatically over-estimated the Labour leader, who quit this morning saying he took responsibility for the defeat.

Today  tweeted that polling was to blame, saying on Twitter:’In all my years as journalist & strategist, I’ve never seen as stark a failure of polling as in UK. Huge project ahead to unravel it.  DailyMail

Anti-Semitism On Streets Of Britain

ukantisemitismThe Campaign Against Antisemitism reports, in 2014 saw a record-breaking number of antisemitic incidents against Jewish people and Jewish property in Britain. Anti-Antisemitism is not as high in Britain as in most of Europe. As many as 45% of British Jews fear they may have no future in Britian. The U.K. needs to wake up.

Following an experiment by Israeli Journalist Zvika Klein on the streets of Paris, other journalist decided to test the levels of prejudice in other cities.  British journalist Jonathan Kalmus decided to secretly film himself walking in the center of two British cities wearing the traditional Jewish head covering ‘kippah’ to test reaction.

“It took me just one minute. One minute of walking one single, busy major street in Manchester before abuse was flung at me,” said British journalist Jonathan Kalmus.  The anti-Semitic incidents in Bradford was “more shameful,” he said.

Kalmus said, “there was one incident while I stopped in Bradford City Park’s branch of Starbucks. As soon as I walked in a Muslim man, sporting traditional Islamic dress and a heavy black beard raised his eyes from his drink, looked at me with wide eyes, stood up, raised his hand and said ‘Shalom, Shalom’, the traditional Hebrew greeting which means peace.”

Other journalist tired the reactions in Stockholm, Rome, and Berlin. The journalist in Rome was spit on and received insults yelled at him.  Many of the locals just looked at him in bewilderment and a tradesman shouting ‘Shabat Shalom’ to him.  The journalists in Stockholm and Berlin walked for hours without incident.

Online:  DailyMail-EXCLUSIVE: ‘Fight the Jewish scum!’ Shocking anti-Semitism on streets of BRITAIN as Jewish journalist is spat at, abused and even stalked… and the same happens in Copenhagen

Jihadi John Identified

jihidijohnISIS executioner Jihadi John identified as Londoner, Kuwaiti-born, Mohammed Emwazi.  Jihaid John is 26-years old and is a computer graduate from Queen’s Park, London. His family moved to the United Kingdom when he was six-years old. He is the son of a minicab driver. Emwazi has a brother and two sisters and they all lived in a council flat in west London.  Allegedly he was spoken to three times in one year by police and security services in tanzania, the Netherlands and Britain.  It is thought he traveled to Syria in 2012.

Online:  DailyMail-‘We’ll only feel closure when there’s a bullet between his eyes’: Daughter of British hostage beheaded by Jihadi John speaks out as killer is finally unmasked – but how DID he slip through the net?